Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Character Names for my Pets and Future Children.
I’ve actually spent a lot of time thinking about this. For my future children it’s already been set years ago, with just a few alterations (lol). For pets, I’ve come up with so many cool name ideas that I wanna have more pets just to be able to name them something book related! (lol)
Cool story though, I’ve been reading Wallbanger and at that time, one of my friends just got a kitten. I’ve been posting so much about that book that she decided to read it too. And after that, she named her kitten Purrina, after one of the characters. And can I just say, that kitten is just too beautiful that she has her own Instagram account.
But anyway, let’s get on with the list.
Names for my pets:
- Aslan – I got this off The Chronicles of Narnia of course. I think this name would suit a cat, or a really furry dog like a chow chow.
- Holmes and Watson – These are from the Sherlock Holmes books of course, and seemed really cool pet names for a pair, regardless of what animal they are.
- Sirius – This is off of the Harry Potter series, and I’d like this for a bad ass dog.
- Kaz – This is from Six of Crows and this name just reminds me of mischief. So this could go for a playful pet, or a pet that always gets into trouble.
Names for my children:
- Daniel Altan – This is from the Legend Series by Marie Lu. Day is one of my absolute favourite characters and if I have a son this would be his name. Also teaching him to introduce himself by saying “Hi, I’m Daniel” so those Champion feels would come back every rime.
- Isabelle – I’ve always really liked this name, simple and beautiful. Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments gave a whole new meaning to this name for me. It’s now a vision of beauty and bad-assery. So yes, I’d be naming my daughter this.
- Dorian – There are a few book Dorians I could think of, but the one that came to mind at first was Dorian Haviliard from the Throne of Glass Series. I really like this name.
- Nikolai – from the Grisha series. It isn’t really an uncommon name, but I really liked this character. He was sassy. smart, charming, and overall an amazing person.
- Aleksander – It’s a bit spoilery so I won’t say which book I got the name from. But I really like this name, simple enough, with a bit of variation from the ordinary.
Bonus: Hey if I could get away with naming my daughter Celaena Sardothien why not. Lol. I’ve always loved Celaena’s character, even more than Aelin.