I’ve decided to do wrap up posts, as a summary of stuff that happened each month both in my blogging and personal life.
October has been quite a crazy month for me. I’ve been on a writing slump recently, but I’m reading more so that’s great. Mainly what I did was catch up on my goodreads challenge, and further develop my bookstagram. I’ve been prop shopping almost every weekend to make some cute photos. I’ve been on a roll as well with my blog posts, filling it with more content. Hopefully in the next few months I’ll work out a scheduling system.
I’ve bought some books off amazon and bookoutlet as well, but I’ll be posting my haul for that when they arrive.
Blog and Reading Updates:
Books I’ve Read This Month:
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (Reread) – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Midnight Star by Marie Lu – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Universe of Us by Lang Leav – ⭐⭐⭐
- Matilda by Roald Dahl – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Salt by Nayyirah Waheed – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire -⭐⭐⭐
- Tangled by Emma Chase – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Zigzag Road to Happy by Anita Heavens – ⭐⭐⭐
- Mary: The Summoning by Hillary Monahan – ⭐⭐⭐
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender – ⭐⭐⭐
Books I’ve Reviewed This Month:
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Identical by Ellen Hopkins – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Indelible by Adelia Saunders (ARC) – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Asking for It by Louise O’Neill – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Wallbanger by Alice Clayton – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Top Ten Tuesdays:
Waiting on Wednesdays:
Book Tag Fridays:
- Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- The Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
Book Signing Tours:
- I’m still not sure yet but I might be going to Amy Ewing’s book signing tour on November 13th.
- Surely I’ll also be going to Peter Lerangis’ book signing tour on November 20th.
- It hasn’t been publicly announced so I feel like it’s more of an exclusive thing but Hanya Yanagihara will be here for a book signing in one of the universities. I’ll try to find out more details about it.
- I’m so close to three hundred followers and that’s honestly so exciting. The bookstagram community is so amazing and I’ve met a lot of really cool people!
- I’ve decided to participate in a monthly book challenge! I’ll be doing #FlippingThroughNovember by @FlippingThroughPages
I’ve crossed about three books from my Fall TBR, and I’m slowly redeeming myself in terms of the Goodreads Reading Challenge, so that’s another plus.
Personal Life Updates:
This is completely unrelated to reading, but I am also somewhat of a beauty junkie. I’m a huge enthusiast of makeup and like to practice any chance that I get. This month
I finally ordered Jeffree Star’s Velour Liquid Lipstick in the shade Unicorn Blood. And bless, it’s amazing. It goes so good on my lips. And I love the colour. Dark coloured lipstick gives me life.
Apart from my mega breakdown because of The Walking Dead Season 7 Episode 1, I’ve been pretty much alright. I don’t think I’m ready for any more heart ache though. Just thinking about it makes me sad all over again.
The Halloween party at work was a blast. I initially planned to go as Emily from The Corspe Bride. But because I didn’t have much time, I decided to go as Wednesday Addams instead. (Which is funny cause aside from the braid, this is pretty much my everyday look.)
You probably realize by now that my aesthetic is dark lipstick and dark clothing, yes to all of those lol. It’s a stark constrast to the colourfulness of my blog and my bookstagram and I like to keep it that way.
Hamilton has taken over my life even more. I’m not even sorry about that.
So back to books, I’m currently reading Ring by Koji Suzuki and it’s giving me the creeps but it’s so good! I’ll probably finish this in the next few days.
So that’s about it, the highlights of my October. How was your month? Were you able to read all the books on your TBR for the month? Any book hauls? I wanna see!