Hello, everyone! 2017 is finally here! 2016 was a bit of a tough year, but we all survived! Even though it was tough, I still enjoyed it. It was a year of new experiences, and I got to meet a lot of amazing people.
Blog and Reading Updates:
Books I’ve Read in December
- Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven –
- Air Awakens by Elise Kova –
- The Allure of Julian Lefray by R.S. Grey –
- The Allure of Dean Harper by R. S. Grey –
- Quarter Life Poetry by Samantha Jayne –
- Fire Falling by Elise Kova –
- Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them: The Original Screenplay –
- Glitter by Aprilynne Pike –
- Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare –
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas –
- Ten by Gretchen McNeil –
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child –
- Tales from the Front by Elise Kova –
- The Duet by R.S. Grey –
- With Malice by Eileen Cook –
- All The Words Are Yours: Haiku on Love by Tyler Knott Gregson –
Books I’ve Reviewed in December:
- How To Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu
- Mouthful of Forevers by Clementine von Radics
- Top Ten New To Me Authors I Read For The First Time in 2016
- Waiting on Wednesday: Roseblood by A.G. Howard
- I attempted (and failed) to do three bookstagram photo challenges cause I had no time, smh.
- I reached 600 followers though, woot woot!
Yeah, the lack of time thing. I got so busy at work those past few weeks, but things have mellowed down now, and we’re back to our regular scheduled blogging and ‘gramming.
I managed to complete my 2016 goodreads challenge yaaaassss!
Personal Life Updates:
Well, it was my birthday last December 18th. I had a super fun celebration with my friends. We played Never Have I Ever, and I got so drunk omg. But my superpower still remains, ya girl has yet to have a hangover.
Presenting, my birthday haul:
Stalking Jack the Ripper, My Lady Jane, Hamilton: The Revolution and Quarter Life Poetry.
I also got myself a super cute makeup gift set from Benefit Cosmetics. It contained the Porefessional Primer, the Hoola Bronzer, the Roller Lash Mascara and a Gimme Brow Mini. Gemina was a gift from my secret santa at work.
My birthday party also doubled as a christmas party with my squad, and since we all loved books we also decided to exchange gifts. I got a signed hardcover of The Young Elites by Marie Lu! Yaaaassss
My friends and I also decided to go do something fun after my birthday. Jem was craving bulalo, and randomly said we should go to Tagaytay, and we did!
It was so cold and the view was breathtaking! We just went there to eat some Bulalo, chill at a Starbucks for a bit then we went home.
The holidays were a bit hectic, but fun too. I got the gifts I wanted: some dresses, a new pair of shoes, sturdy bras (lol).
- Finally getting contact lenses (January)
- When I met Sarah J. Maas (March)
- Finally dyeing my hair. (March)
- Dropping books and getting new ones in The Book Stop (April)
- Meeting Jennifer Niven (May)
- Starting to blog again (September)
- In general, starting to become more positive and loving myself.
- Seriously getting into makeup and loving it.
- Becoming obsessed with Hamilton
- Becoming move adventurous and excited in trying out new things.
So that’s about it. How was your 2016? What were your favourite moments? Were you able to complete your book challenge? Any book hauls? I wanna see!